Saturday, January 11, 2014

Floral Arrangements: Buy or DIY?

For most couples, getting engaged is the easy part.  Afterwards comes the planning, and one of the most expensive items of any wedding are the floral arrangements.  Did you know that the average cost for flowers for a wedding can be anywhere from $800 to $2000?  And that will all depend on the time of the season, what kind of flowers, wedding location, and of the course the actual labor to make all those arrangements. 

I say, if you have the money, and are able to purchase the floral arrangements you want, go ahead.  But if you are like most couples today, you’re probably on a budget.  With a couple of quick purchases at Hobby Lobby or another craft store, you can make the majority of all your flower arrangements, from the bridal bouquet to the reception centerpieces, for less than $300.  The only thing you really need to invest is your time.

When I got married the first time back in 2001, my bridesmaids helped me make all my bouquets and boutonnieres, and if I remember right, it cost less than $100.  We only made the floral arrangements for the wedding party, but you can see what I mean.  For some tips on making your own wedding floral arrangements, check out “Flowers for My Wedding“. They have some great tips that all brides can use.